Rothko Mustard on Green Silk Scarf$108.00.incl of all taxes
Delivery in 7 working days
Free shipping for orders above USD 200
Wear your feelings on your sleeves with a stole inspired by the famous "Color Field Painting" artist, Mark Rothko. Rothko's abstract paintings depicted emotions in vivid colors, reinterpreted here through traditional weaving techniques in this scarf made from the most beautiful silk. Each stole is handcrafted and uses the resist-dyeing technique of Ikat, where the warp or the weft is tied to achieve multiple colors, creating softly blended edges trimmed by tassels within one stole. With subtle color shifts, each piece is unique. This product takes 12 days to make and involves the participation of seven artists.
Tuni explores combinations of old and new materials to create contemporary weaves on the handloom. Inspired alike by art and artisans, their textiles are meant for the quintessential global woman who seeks modern interpretations of traditional handcraft.
- This piece uses the heritage art of ikat resist-dyeing and weaving from south Asia.
- Composed of 100% handwoven silk.
- Dimensions of 30 inches (width) x 88 inches (length, inclusive of tassels on either side).
- First wash dry clean only. Hand wash in a mild detergent.
- Designed and handcrafted in India.
Shop The Look
Pair this stole with a white evening dress, such as this minimalist Wish You Were Here dress, for a splash of color on canvas and an artistic statement.